Don’t adequately facilitate Nings I’ve created and don’t participate enough in Nings I’ve joined. Do they make shirts for people like me?
Don’t get me wrong I’ve connected with people through Ning interactions. It’s just that I already belong to several and I find forum discussions take considerably more time to engage in conversations than blogging.
Instead of joining new forums I decided to address my extreme Ning neglect by:
- Tidying up my Ning profiles – Wouldn’t an option to import profiles across Ning social networks be nice?
- Subscribing to Latest Activity Feed, Forum Feed and Blog Feed for all Nings using Google Reader
My guess was I belonged to 5 Ning communities. After wasting considerable time trying to locate all my Ning communities (and failing) I admitted defeated and my Twitter network helped me. DUH – log into Ning home and then click on my social networks (how can the obvious take so long to find?)
What planet am I from? 5 Ning communities! Get real! Obviously can’t count or am really absent minded. Make that 17 Ning communities (of these I created Etools and AquaEd). Have now tidied up all my profiles and subscribed to all RSS feeds from my Ning communities. But now decided profile information doesn’t sounds great (= crappy).
For those new to using Ning communities – check out:
- Joining a Ning community and get more out of using Ning
- Subscribing in RSS feeds using Google Reader
For experienced Ning users I would love to know more about:
- What Ning communities do you belong to and what have been the benefits of being part of these commmunities?
- What tips would you give new people to help them get more out of being involved with Ning Communities?
And if you’re enjoying this blog, please consider Subscribing for free!