The following photos are from my Grandfather Charles Hurst’s collection from before 1930.
The photo below was taken around 1896.
Charlotte Hurst with her mother Ann Ockerby, Ann’s brother John Featherstone and his wife Mary Anne at High Close, circa 1896.
Charlotte is my great-great-Grandmother.
From left to right:
- Charlotte Ockerby (widow) b 1841 m 1868 Charles Hurst d 1908 (Charles died 1878)
- Ann Featherstone b 1811 m 1835 Thomas Ockerby 1904 (mother of Charlotte)
- John Featherstone and Mary Anne Featherstone
The Hutchinson family photo below was taken before my Grandfather Charles Hurst sailed from England to live in Western Australia in 1914.
Fanny and George Hutchinson were my great-great Grandparent. Fanny’s maiden name was Ockerby so when her daughter Mary Ann (my great grandmother) married Thomas Ockerby Hurst (my great grandfather) their children Fanny, Charles (my grandfather) and Sheila Hurst had both Thomas Ockerby and his brother Charles Ockerby as their great-grandfathers.
From back row to front:
- Back Row – Thomas Ockerby Hurst, William Hutchinson, Herbert Hutchinson, Charlie Hutchinson, Hamey Goodall
- 2nd Row – Aunt Edith & Alice, Aunt Mollie, Fanny Hurst, George Hanson Hutchinson (granddad), Charles Hurst, Fanny Hutchinson (Granny), Mary (me), my mother, Aunt Eleanor & Arthur
- Front Row – Garnet, George & Dinnie